BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

First day of riding and first wrench turned

Well today I rode the bike to work... and let me tell you what... its awesome!! now lets tell about the trip and the journey of the day.

First I was on the way to work on the interstate when I started to smell something... I was like... hrm... that smell is odd... I was looking over the bike (*while riding of course) and couldnt see any problems... till I noticed my leather shoe was on fire!! yup... on fire...

Well as I paniced and was trying to get the flames put out I guess I pulled on the throttle... and the freaking grip came off... !!! holy crap.... now I have a flaming foot and the thing came off in my hand...

i got it put back on with no wrecks and got the foot out!

On the way home I had one more thing of interest... I was getting on the Natcher Parkway and I was situating myself on the seat... as the handlebars pivoted down towards me... almost flat...!!! what a day... I kept my cool, pushed em up and rode home...


First wrench turned!!!!

Later after getting home I went to the garage and tightened the piss out of that twist throttle bracket... hopefully that crap aint happening again!

I also took of some lame looking spark plug holder that was mounted to the frame... of course it rubbed the paint while it was on... imagine that.. time to find some touch up paint!

all in all... rubber stayed to the pavement and no crashes... a good day!

0 comments: