BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 19, 2009

RAWR!! It has fire!!

Today the carbs are moving freely and feel like they are ready for fuel. So like every internally combusted engine it needs 3 things....

1) Fuel
2) Spark
3) Air

So I hooked up the battery charger to the leads on the bike (note: tank is still off and no fuel going to the carbs yet). I kinda cringed due to it just makes me nervous on the first hookup... I took the sparkplug out of the left cylinder and also the right one. I left the left wire connected to the plug and laid it on top of the head so I could rotate the engine with my right hand (via the kick starter) and watch for spark... nothing... over and over... nothing

Next I thought I should just keep it simple before I panic. I checked the clips holding the 2 battery wires. Woohoo. I hadn't made sure they connected well. Tried the kick over trick with my hands and POOF! I have fire... hellz to the yeah!

The 2 hard parts of the equation are done. Now providing the timing is correct I should be busting bugs within a week or so.

Left to do before firing:
1) finish cleaning rust from the tank
2) install newly working petcocks
3) put on tank
4) buy fuel lines and filter
5) install fuel lines and filter
6) buy a battery
7) install battery


This should put her running. Then I just have to put the rear fender back on and bolt down the seat. Closer and closer every day!

0 comments: